Features related to visitor consent
Consent requests can be used as a proof of authorization, as far as personal data collection is concerned.
Which SiteW blocks are concerned by GDPR?
The blocks concerned by GDPR are the following ones:
How to configure consent requests?
In the “Content” tab, in the GDPR section, for all concerned blocks, you have the possibility to configure the following points for European visitors:
- Add a sentence describing the purposes of data collection.
- Insert a checkbox that must be checked by users in order to send their data.
On the My Websites
page, by clicking on Settings>GDPR>Consents
, you can view the list of user consents.
New features for your website members
Members registered on your website can now delete their account, without having to ask the webmaster to do it. To do so, they must log into their member account, and click on “Delete your account”. All related data is then deleted (Form responses, Forum posts, Newsletter subscription, Pending orders…). Paid orders will nevertheless remain visible by the webmaster because it is legally required.
New features for the webmaster
The webmaster has the possibility to:
- Manually delete any information: Order, Newsletter subscription, Form responses, Forum posts…
- Easily set an automatic removal time for forum posts, form responses and comments.
- Set an automatic removal time for newsletter subscriptions (a notification email will be sent before automatic deletion).
- Set an automatic removal time for the corresponding newsletter subscriber, after automatic or voluntary cancellation of newsletter subscription.
NB: All automatic deletions are irreversible.
Features related to Cookies
It is now possible to easily enable and configure your website cookies. To do so, go to the My Websites
page, and click on Settings>GDPR>Cookies
. Cookies will be displayed once for all visitors that haven’t approved them yet. They will be displayed again, if their contents change.
With these new features dedicated to GDPR, you can rest assured that you will easily comply with the European laws on personal data protection. Update your website!