The HTML gadget of the Widget block allows to add information and interactive content on your website (online sale, news, weather, games, video and audio players, slideshows, chat, visit counter etc...) provided by other services. A lot of websites provide free Widgets (also called gadget or HTML code).
The HTML gadget is part of the Widget block, the general presentation of this block is available in the Widget block guide.
This block is available for all Premium and Pro versions of websites.
An HTML gadget is composed of an HTML code that you have to copy (CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) in the Widget block. You can find this code on every website providing features like Add to my website or Share/export.
Here is a list of websites providing free HTML Widgets for your website:
The following services allow to share pictures and to create interactive slideshows for your website. PicasaWeb, Kizoa, Flickr.
- Log in to your Paypal account or set up a Paypal account if you don't already have one.
- Select the Tools tab and Payment buttons.
- You can then choose amongst several features: Paypal Cart, Buy button, Donations, etc...
- Follow the instructions to get the HTML code.
ustream.tv is a service that allows to share your webcam and add a HTML widget to your video to your website.
Music and Playlists
Several online services provide playlists or MP3 widgets. Some allow to share and sell your music and others allow to share other artists' music: Spotify, ...
- In My calendars, on the left, create a new calendar.
- Check then the box Share this calendar with others.
- Select the option make this calendar public then click on create calendar.
- Click on the arrow situated on the right side of the calendar that you want to share.
- Select Calendar settings and in the embed this calendar section, you can copy the given HTML code or click on Customize the color, size and other options to customize the look of your calendar.
The service i-tchat.com allows you to easily add a chat block to your website.
Easily create a flash game that you will then be able to add to your website thanks to the Widget block or the flash block: Sploder
Here are websites providing other free widgets:
Banners and Scrolling texts
Add scrolling texts as well as banners and flash animations to your website: FlashVortex
Customized product sale
Shirtinator.co.uk allows you to design and sell your own T-shirts, clothing and customized items. Their shops can be easily added to your SiteW website thanks to the iframe code they provide. You will also be able to increase your revenues and to create a brand image. You can match your shop with your website's look and sell T-shirts with your own designs, determine their prices and even send bills with your own logo. It won't cost you anything, since Shirtinator takes care of the full process, from production to customer service, including shipping.
To start selling your customized products on your SiteW website:
- Open your online shop on Shirtinator.co.uk: http://www.shirtinator.co.uk/partner-t-shirt-shop/
Grab the iframe code of your shop
To connect this shop to your website, you only need to log in to your Shirtinator partner account, and to click on the "Shops" tab, then on "Settings", and "Links". There you can find the iframe code that you will be able to copy and paste to your website.
- And paste this code in the Widget block.
This service provides various widgets you can add to your website: Counters (standard, live, location), flash animations, clock, etc...
Ze Web Gadgets
This blog provides a whole list of services that can be integrated into your website.
- Click on the block's name.
- Search for the share/export feature.
- You can then modify the style of the Widget and get its HTML code.
This service allows you to design your own polls. You will be prompted to sign up to get the HTML code.
Last update: March 13, 2017